In an attempt to better cater to the communication needs of the vernacular online audience, in addition to the urban dwellers, Yahoo! Mail is now offering the latest version of its mail in 8 new Indian languages, which include - Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Marathi and Gujarati. Confirming this, an official statement added that the service has been rolled out simultaneously in 27 new markets including 22 new languages and 16 new countries, taking the total number to 46 new languages, in as many as 70 markets worldwide.
Now, it speaks your language, too
The official statement, further adds that, "Yahoo! Mail delivers a much faster, safer and easier online communications experience. Addition of new regional languages makes it even more convenient for users from across India to access and use Yahoo! Mail." The latest version of Yahoo! Mail, according to the official post comes with the following features:
- Yahoo! Mail comes included with a host of applications allowing users to be more productive and stay organized, right in their inbox. Using the All My Purchases app, users can track their online orders. The post also states that users can unsubscribe themselves from newsletters, they do not wish to receive, using the Unsubscriber app. Additionally, they can send heavy files using Attach Large files by YouSendIt.
- Yahoo! claims that the speeds on the latest version of their mail is twice than the ones offered on the previous versions of their mail, even in regions with low internet penetration rate.
- The official statement confirms that the latest version of Yahoo! Mail comes with Advanced SpamGuard technology and a new anti-phishing platform, which has reportedly reduced instances of spam reports by 60 percent and have protected users from e-mail hackers.
- The latest version of Yahoo! Mail, confirms Yahoo! allows users to respond to their Facebook messages, view and share notifications and updates from Twitter, Facebook and Zynga using an Updates tab.
- The latest version of Yahoo! Mail enables users to view images and videos from sites like Flickr, Picasa, and YouTube in a slideshow format within their e-mail.
- Contacts and important emails get prioritized in the inbox. The official statement confirms that when a user sets down to composing a mail, or IM will have their frequent contacts placed ahead of the others. Additionally, within Yahoo! Mail users will be able to chat with their Facebook friends, along with their regular Yahoo! IM contacts.
- Users have the option of personalizing their mail by picking a theme of their choice from an array of 50 themes.
Published Date: Dec 08, 2011 10:02 am | Updated Date: Dec 08, 2011 10:02 am