The next batch of one of the most coveted smartphones this season will go live tomorrow on August 26 at 2 pm. This time there will be 20,000 units of the Xiaomi Mi 3 going on sale.
If you've tried buying one before, you'll know that grabbing a unit on Flipkart is not easy. The sales always close in seconds, leaving a bunch of people high and dry. This time, Flipkart has received 1,00,000 registrations for the phone, which means it is going to be even harder to bag the phone.
But if you are determined to get your Mi 3 smartphone this time, here are a few tips that can up your chances of getting one:
1. Start early: Flipkart tends to crash or takes time to load closer to the opening of the sale. So make sure you have logged on to Flipkart with your registered account at least two hours before the sale starts.
2. Enable cookies: Cookies allow websites to recognise you when you return to them, which makes the browser to load webpages faster. When you register on Flipkart and save your contact details, make sure you've enabled cookies on your computer. To do this, you'll need to go to your browsers Settings page and look for the cookies option.
3. Use multiple web pages: To better your chances of getting a phone, try opening the page on separate devices such as a tablet or a smartphone. If you don't have a separate device, open the page on multiple browser windows (windows, not tabs). Press Alt+Tab to quickly switch between windows. Getting a friend to click on different pages for you might be useful.
4. Use a single account: Many may tell you to register more than one account to boost your chances of obtaining an Mi 3 smartphone. However, Flipkart's policy is against people trying to buy the phone using multiple accounts. Even if you do manage to buy the phone doing this, there's a good chance of the purchase getting cancelled later on.
5. Type quickly: All of Xiaomi's sales in the past have lasted for no more than 5 seconds. This means you'll need to type in your details as fast as you can. If you can't, try getting a friend who can type fast for you. One of our readers suggested memorising card details to speed up the purchase time. Also, try keeping your typing-time to the minimum by save your shipping address and contact details beforehand.
6. Click before you see 'Buy Now' : Don't wait for the countdown to end to click on Buy Now. Like an impatient kid, start clicking few seconds before you see the button. Make sure you place the mouse pointer slightly above the countdown box, as that is where the button would appear.
7. Ignore add-ons: Gift wrapping, 1-day deliveries etc can wait, but the Mi 3 smartphone does not. Opting for these add-ons could complicate the purchase process and crash the website, so stick to the normal delivery mode to keep the process as simple as possible.
8. Buy until you get a confirmation: According to one of our readers, stop only once you've received a confirmation of your purchase. To be sure that the phone has been added to your cart, check the orders page. Flipkart has now allowed users to complete the purchase after adding phones to your cart. This means you can try adding as many phones you want and pay Flipkart later that day.
For those too lazy to follow the steps, e-tailer Buyhatke.com has a one-click extension that claims to add the device to your cart immediately. You can check it out here.
If you are wondering why the the Mi 3 has attracted so much of attention, note that it packs high-end capabilities for a meagre Rs 13,999. Read our Xiaomi Mi 3 review, to find out if it is worth buying. For those who don't wish to be a part of the herd, check out some alternatives to the Mi 3.
Published Date: Aug 26, 2014 01:00 pm | Updated Date: Aug 26, 2014 01:00 pm