Looks like Samsung is taking a cue from Apple by launching a white version of the Galaxy S II, sometime in September. In fact, Handtec UK has already put the white beauty on pre-order for £503.99 (Rs.36,990 approx.), and say that for the UK, it will be available sometime next month, instead of September. There’s still no word on when it will launch in India, but they’ll be starting with Europe first, followed by other countries, so perhaps a late September launch is possible.
All dressed up
This new edition is just a cosmetic change from the current Galaxy S II and will bear the exact same specifications. Don’t forget that the Korean company will also be launching the Galaxy R around the same time which is a stripped down version of the S II, which should fall in the 25K-30K price bracket.
Below are some of the specifications of the Galaxy S II;
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus Gorilla Glass display sporting a 480 x 800 pixel resolution with 16 million colors
- 4G (HSPA+ 21MBPs), EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA compliance(AllShare), Wi-Fi hotspot support, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS with a-GPS
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS, USB 2.0 with MHL for media out and USB-on-the-go
- 8MP AF camera with LED flash supporting 1080p video capture @30fps
- 16GB and 32GB capacities with 32Gb microSD card support
- NFC support
- DivX, XviD video codec support with 1080p video playback support
Published Date: Jul 30, 2011 01:56 pm | Updated Date: Jul 30, 2011 01:56 pm