In case you’re wondering whether your X10 or X8 phones are getting an Android update, hold your horses, it’s not. You’ll still be running Eclair forever, but let’s get to the good part. Sony Ericsson has now launched an update that adds a few new features to your X8 and X10 smartphones.
The update brings optimization and some bug fixes for the Sony Ericsson X10 with addition of some bi-directional languages (Arabic, Farsi, Thai and Hebrew) for all products (for the X8 as well). Also, there is Pinch/zoom touch for mobile internet and Google Maps – applicable only for X10.
A few improvements that can be seen as per Sony Ericsson’s Blog are:
- Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
- Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
- Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
- Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
- Minor changes to Mediascape with access to “Now Playing” in the top right corner.
You can update your Xperia X8 or X10 either by connecting it to a PC or over the air in some markets.
Published Date: Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am | Updated Date: Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am