The long-awaited Micromax A116 Canvas HD finally made an appearance at the Tech2 office today. We had been itching to put the devices through its paces from the time it was announced. First, we decided to take a peek inside the box. Here’s a look at what’s bundled with the A116 Canvas HD.
As you can see Micromax has included only the earphones (no earbuds though!), a USB cable and a USB wall charger. That’s all you get, folks.
Here are some specifications of the phone:
- 5-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1280 X 720
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with GLONASS and A-GPS
- Bluetooth with A2DP
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash with night mode and 4X zoom, and VGA front camera
- 4GB of internal storage and supports microSD card up to 32GB
The smartphone is powered by a powerful MediaTek MT6589 1.2GHz quad core processor, one of the most power efficient chips in the market and there’s a PowerVR Series5XT GPU, along with 1GB of RAM. The A116 Canvas HD boots Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but Micromax has included some changes in the UI including quick toggles in the notification drawer and some minor appearance changes. The phone comes equipped with a 2000mAh battery.
Published Date: Feb 14, 2013 06:35 pm | Updated Date: Feb 14, 2013 06:35 pm