Strontium has announced the availability of its new 2.5" Swift Solid State Drive (SSD) equipped to deliver all the advantages of Flash disk technology with the Serial ATA II interface.
Strontium SSDs are designed as industry-standard drop-in replacements for traditional hard drives. They are flash-based drives that offer greater reliability and faster performance than traditional magnetic hard drives. They use less power, have reduced heat dissipation and are lightweight and more rugged. They also offer fast read/write speeds and high capacities, making them an ideal storage solution for read-intensive applications requiring high performance and greater reliability. They feature an industry-standard 1.5/ 3.0Gbps SATAI/ II interface and 2.5" form factor to allow easy and straightforward user installation in most notebook and desktop computers, just like a conventional hard drive. Moreover they can reach 236MB/s read as well as 160MB/s write high performance.
Available in capacities from 32GB to 256GB, Strontium's swift Solid State Drive SSDs give a solution for users who are looking for easy upgrade to supercharge their notebook or desktop PC with a dose of ultra-speed performance. For notebook users, there is an added advantage of longer battery life.
Ajay Kogta, Country Manager, Indian Subcontinent, Strontium Technology, said, "We are confident that our customers will appreciate the delivery of extraordinary transfer speeds of up to 236MB/s read and 160MB/s write to guarantee ultra- speed throughput, regardless of file size or type."
"The launch of the Strontium swift series SSD would leverage our extensive know-how in designing and manufacturing highly reliable storage products and the company's worldwide sales and distribution network to accelerate SSD technology adoption by OEMs, system builders, technology and gaming enthusiasts ," added Mr. Kogta.
- MLC NAND Flash and Indilinx controller
- Supports 1.5/3.0Gbps SATA I/II interface
- Fully Compliant with Serial ATA International Organization: Serial ATA Revision 2.6
- Fully Compliant with ATA/ATAPI-7 Standard
- Capacities - 32GB to 256GB
- Performance - Up to 236MB/s read as well as 160MB/s write
- High reliability based on the internal BCH 8, 12, 16bit/Sector ECC
- Supports SMART (Self-Monitor Analysis and Reporting Technology)
- Supports Dynamic and Static Wear Leveling
- Supports SATA 3.0Gb/s NCQ and AHCI commands
- Supports F/W upgrade function
- Fully Compliant with RoHS directive
- Lower power consumption
- CE and FCC compatibility
Strontium Swift Solid State Drives (SSDs) are currently available in 64 GB and 128GB capacities with a 3 years warranty through Strontium channel partners across India.
Strontium Swift 64GB Solid State Drives (SSDs) - Rs. 9,500
Strontium Swift 128GB Solid State Drives (SSDs) - Rs. 14,900
Published Date: Apr 17, 2010 01:15 pm | Updated Date: Apr 17, 2010 01:15 pm