SMART Technologies Inc., provider of collaboration solutions have announced the upcoming release of the SMART Notebook app for the iPad that allows students to use SMART Notebook collaborative learning software on their personal or school-owned iPad. The application enables a seamless transition between whole class, small-group and personalized learning, allowing students and teachers with iPad to use lesson materials of SMART Notebook software anywhere and at any time. “SMART Notebook continues to be the software of choice for educators looking to add interactivity into their daily lessons,” said Linda Thomas, Vice President, Products, SMART Technologies. “The SMART Notebook app for iPad allows students and teachers to benefit from many of the features of SMART Notebook software wherever they go, enabling learning and engagement that goes beyond the classroom.”
Image for representational purposes only
Here are a few of the features of the SMART Notebook:
- Page sorter view – View, add or delete SMART Notebook software pages
- Zoom and pan – Use two fingers to adjust the view of the SMART Notebook software page
- Image insert – Insert images from the iPad camera roll
- Pen Tools – Write onto the SMART Notebook software page in a choice of four different colors (red, green, black and blue) or use the highlighter
- Object Control – Delete, rotate, move and scale objects
- AirPlay enabled – Supports AirPlay for Apple TV to share iPad screens
- Language support – Supports U.S. English. Support for Spanish, UK English, French and German will be available in fall 2012.
SMART Notebook software is a good choice for lesson creation and delivery, as demonstrated by its activation by more than 6 million teachers for use in classes with over 40 million students in 175 countries. With the SMART Notebook app on their iPad, students can use many of the software tools typically used on the SMART Board interactive whiteboard. They can open any SMART Notebook file from an e-mail or file-sharing website and can write, erase, add text, move objects and insert images. Additionally, students can use the iPad camera roll and can drop images into SMART Notebook software pages. These features will enable students to use their iPad to review material and complete activities that can then be saved and e-mailed back to the teacher for evaluation. Student material can also be displayed on the SMART Board interactive whiteboard for whole-class learning by wirelessly streaming the iPad content using AirPlay with an Apple TV. By using the SMART Notebook app for iPad, students and teachers can stay on track and save time by being able to work with the same material on both interactive displays and iPad at school or at home.
The app will be available for purchase in summer 2012 from the Apple app store. More information is available here.
Published Date: May 14, 2012 04:22 pm | Updated Date: May 14, 2012 04:22 pm