Samsung Electronics has officially unveiled the Galaxy Win. The phone sports decent specs, which indicate that it will probably be placed in the mid-range slot of Samsung's smartphone portfolio. The smartphone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, and is fuelled by a 2,000mAh battery.
Here’s a quick look at the specs of the Galaxy Win smartphone:
- 4.7 inch WVGA TFT LCD display
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- GPS with A-GPS
- 5MP rear-facing camera, VGA camera
- FM radio
- 8GB internal memory, microSD card support up to 32GB
The phone's name is quite cool too
The Galaxy Win measures 133.3 x 70.7 x 9.65 mm and weighs 144g. Depending on the markets, Samsung confirms that the Galaxy Win will be available in two different versions—single or dual-SIM, and in two different colors: Ceramic White and Titan Gray. At the moment though, there is nothing more on the Galaxy Win smartphone than its specs.
The South Korean giant has been regularly dotting the smartphone space with a range of its products. With that screen size though, Samsung has put the Galaxy Win quite close to the Galaxy S3.
However, the display itself has more in common with the dual-SIM Galaxy Grand Duos, which also has a WVGA display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. In terms of the processor though, while the Galaxy Grand Duos has a dual-core processor, Galaxy Win comes close to the Galaxy S3, which like itself, comes with a quad-core processor. Samsung has also preserved the design language used with the Galaxy Grand.
With such a spec sheet and a dual-SIM variant, we think Samsung might slot the Galaxy Win between the Galaxy Grand Duos (selling for Rs 20,900) and the Galaxy S3 (selling for Rs 33,450).
Here's a quick look at the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S III:
- Android 4.0 with TouchWiz
- 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 4212 processor
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 8MP camera with AF, LED flash, BSI sensor and 1080p HD video, 1.9MP front camera
- 16/32/64GB Internal memory, expandable upto 64GB
- 1GB RAM
- NFC, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GLONASS, micro-USB 2.0, HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2100 mAh battery
Here's what the Samsung Galaxy Grand has under the hood:
- 5-inch WVGA TFT LCD display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi capabilities
- A-GPS Glonass
- 8MP primary camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- 8GB internal memory, microSD support for up to 64GB
Published Date: Apr 09, 2013 01:47 pm | Updated Date: Apr 09, 2013 01:47 pm