Companies are getting ready to show off their latest technologies at next year's CES. According to the official Samsung blog, the company is set to launch the new 'Smart Hub' during the event, which is taking place on January 8.
According to the company, Smart Hub is a content platform for Samsung's Smart TV. The new Smart Hub has an updated initial screen for users that shows not just live broadcasts, but also other content such as movies, apps and personal photos.
The company claims that the new Smart Hub will be a more intuitive experience where all the content will be available on one screen that is divided into five sections, each holding a spot for a different category.
The company will be launching the Smart Hub at the upcoming CES
Team Seonwoo Lee, Vice President - Media Strategy Marketing, said, "2013 Smart Hub will be able to provide the variety of owning five TV's just with one device." He goes on to say, "this would provide more convenience to the user experience of smart contents such as live TV or apps."
The Smart Hub will also bring the "Flipping" function, which allows users to browse through the five screens with motion control. The company claims that it is similar to flipping through the pages of a book.
Earlier this month, it was revealed that Samsung will be showing off its bendable screens during CES, which could hint at radical changes in design with regards to the company's smartphones and TVs. One of the screens that will be showcased by the company is a 5.5-inch flexible screen intended for use on smartphones. It will have a resolution of 1280 x 720, giving it a pixel density of 267 ppi. The other screen to be showcased will be a 55-inch TV-sized screen.
Samsung Display, a spin-off of Samsung Electronics, has said that the displays will offer more freedom while designing the devices. The company also pointed out that though the screens can be bent, they aren't made for being rolled up.
According to an earlier report, Samsung will not be showing off the company's next flagship phone, the Galaxy S IV, at CES, but instead will be showcasing it at a later event. It was widely speculated that Samsung would be launching its next flagship smartphone at CES 2013 after the company released a teaser trailer that tells the world to get ready for "Something New". However, it appears that at CES 2013, Samsung will instead focus on televisions and a range of other electronic products, the CNET report stated citing sources. None of these announcements pertain to any significant smartphone news.
Before the teaser trailer came to light, it was rumoured that the Galaxy S IV would be launched after CES 2013 and not at the annual electronics expo, which now turns out to be correct.
Published Date: Dec 27, 2012 11:06 AM | Updated Date: Dec 27, 2012 11:06 AM