It has been a long wait but the Samsung Galaxy Nexus has finally been unveiled. After months and weeks and a date postponement, Samsung and Google have revealed their flagship handset at an event in Hong Kong. This smartphone is Samsung’s second official ‘Googlephone’ and as promised in a teaser video something BIG has been announced. The Galaxy Nexus is the first handset to feature Google’s latest firmware update in the form of Ice Cream Sandwich. Google tends to stick with dessert names for their OS and have not strayed away with their latest software.
Something BIG is unveiled!
The highlighted features of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.2GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- Dimensions are 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94mm
- Weighs 135g
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED display
- 5 Megapixel AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
- 1.3 Megapixel front facing camera for video calling
- 1080p Full HD video recording at 30fps
- 1080p video playback at 30fps
- Bluetooth 3.0,USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- HSPA 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- LTE version is region specific
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1,750mAh battery
Speaking about the Galaxy Nexus, JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung's Mobile Communications Business said, “Samsung and Google have closely collaborated to push the mobile experience forward. We are pleased to deliver the best Android smartphone experience for customers with GALAXY Nexus. We will continue to move forward with Android to provide the compelling consumer experience in mobile world.”
The flagship handset from Samsung and Google will be available in the beginning of November in Asia, US and Europe with a gradual rollout across the world. As of now no word is available on the price of this handset. Let us know your reactions about this highly anticipated handset in the comments below. To know more about the Galaxy Nexus, hit the link here.
Published Date: Oct 19, 2011 09:34 am | Updated Date: Oct 19, 2011 09:34 am