Samsung have recently unveiled the Galaxy S III and the entire world is waiting for it to be released. The handset has not even been launched anywhere across the globe but the model has already received over 9 million preorders. But what is it that makes this smartphone one of the most eagerly awaited handsets of 2012? Apart from the fact that it is ‘Designed for Humans,’ the upcoming flagship smartphone from Samsung is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy S II, which is arguably one of the best handsets manufactured last year. So if one still fancies getting themselves this tried and tested handset that has been really successful in our review as well, here is some good news for you. As per a report by NDTV, the Samsung Galaxy S II will be available for purchase equipped with the latest version of Google’s Android operating system, Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Galaxy S II in India with Android 4.0
The news comes via a tweet from @kamaltekwani, where he states, “got a new s2 and guess what ...... It come with ics right out of the box !!!!!” In later tweets, the new consumer of the Samsung smartphone states that those interested in purchasing the Galaxy S II running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will need to check the date of manufacture. If the date indicates the month of manufacture as April 2012, then they should receive the handset running Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box.
For those interested in purchasing the Galaxy S II, here is a quick look at it’s highlighted features:
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus Gorilla Glass display sporting a 480 x 800 pixel resolution with 16 million colors
- Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with a MAli-400MP GPU
- 4G (HSPA+ 21MBPs), EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA compliance(AllShare), Wi-Fi hotspot support, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS with a-GPS
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS, USB 2.0 with MHL for media out and USB-on-the-go
- 8MP AF camera with LED flash supporting 1080p video capture @30fps
- 16GB and 32GB capacities with 32Gb microSD card support
- NFC support
- DivX, XviD video codec support with 1080p video playback support
If one already happens to own this smartphone and is eagerly awaiting the update to Android 4.0, then you might have to wait a little longer as Samsung has already started rolling out the update over the air to the handsets. However, India is not one of the countries that have received it.
As soon as Samsung starts rolling out ICS to the Galaxy S II, we will surely inform you regarding the same.