SamMobile confirms that Samsung has begun rolling out its first, official Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S III smartphone, and reveals that the first Jelly-Bean (Android v4.1.1) update is for Poland. As per the report, the firmware is PDA I9300XXDLIB CSC I9300OXFDLI1 MODEM I9300XXDLIB.
Samsung will roll out the latest Android OS to other countries subsequently. "You can use KIES or OTA (Over-The-Air) to update to the latest version of Android. Make sure you’re on WIFI and that your battery is at least on 50 percent. If you want to flash, you’ll need to download the firmware and use ODIN to flash," adds the report.
Jelly Bean coming to SGS III
This report is in line with one of our previous reports, which stated that Jelly Bean would be served to the Galaxy S III by October.
The Samsung Galaxy S III comes with Android v4.0.4 out of the box, and is fuelled by a 2100mAh battery. The S III is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 4 processor and sports an 8MP shooter.
Here is a quick look at the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S III:
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1280 x 720
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA support
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0
- 8MP camera with AF, LED flash, BSI sensor and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.9 MP front facing camera with a resolution of 720p for video chat
- 16/ 32/ 64GB Internal memory, expandable up to 64GB
The much-talked-about Google I/O 2012 saw the search giant unveiling the latest flavour of Android, Jelly Bean.
Some of the highlighted features of the Jelly Bean OS, include:
- Project Butter - As the name suggests, this feature aims to make the operating system on devices extremely smooth.
- Text Input: The keyboard is a lot faster and more accurate.
- Camera - On the camera side of things, the new OS brings to the table new UI and gestures, allowing users to swipe sideways, if they want to access a gallery. It is also possible to delete images by swiping them off the screen.
- Notifications - With Android v4.1 Jelly Bean, the notifications bar has also received an upgrade
We reviewed the S III in detail in our labs and found it to be an above-average smartphone. The S III is excellent when it comes to media playback and benchmarks, and also the battery life. You can read the full review here. At the time, in his report, CNET author, Andrew Hoyle stated, “Samsung has confirmed its flagship phone the Galaxy S3 will receive the update to the latest version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, as soon as October. Samsung doesn't have the best track record when it comes to updating its Android phones, with last year's Galaxy S2 update delays causing something of a riot among its customers. Thankfully it's not mincing its words this time round, explaining to me that "the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system will be available on the Galaxy S3 from October."
Published Date: Sep 24, 2012 18:17 PM | Updated Date: Sep 24, 2012 18:17 PM