Samsung today announced the release of two new Android-based Portable Media Players (PMPs), the Galaxy S WiFI 4.0 and 5.0. Both these devices will function like normal Android devices, but they will not have cellular radio installed.
Whole new galaxies
Not much has changed features-wise since these devices were rumoured to be incoming as the Galaxy Players. Check them out:
- 4-inch and 5-inch capacitive touchscreen displays
- 1GHz Processors
- Google Android 2.2 FroYo, upgradable to 2.3 Gingerbread
- Access to Android Market
- Samsung Social Hub Integration
- VoIP Voice and Video Calls via Qik
- DivX HD, DivX, XviD, WMV and H264 support
- 16GB and 32GB variants, expandable via microSD card slots
The Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 will be first released in Russia and Switzerland respectively, with other regions expected to receive shipments soon. We don’t know if India is on that list at all, but we sure hope it is because we’d like to get our hands on these devices soon.
Published Date: May 02, 2011 09:25 pm | Updated Date: May 02, 2011 09:25 pm