At a glitzy event in the southern city of Hyderabad, Samsung has launched the successor to its popular Galaxy Note phablet – the Note II. The much-hyped phablet will be available for Rs. 39.900. The Galaxy Note II can be purchased on a 9 month 0 percent EMI from Samsung official stores
Officially announced at the recently concluded IFA 2012, the Note II runs on the Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS out of the box and is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor.
Galaxy Note II launched in India
Without much ado, here are the highlighted features of the Samsung Galaxy Note II at a glance:
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen with a 1280 x 720 pixel density
- 4G LTE, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi HT40, NFC
- GPS with GLONASS and A-GPS support
- Bluetooth v4.0 with USB 2.0 Host
- 8 megapixel AF/ Touchfocus camera, 1.9MP VT Camera, BSI front-facing camera
- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions, all with expandable support up to 64GB
- 2GB RAM
- MHL for AV out
The major talking point about the Galaxy Note II is that it features Air View, a feature that enables users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery or video to preview content without opening it. Air View enables users to quickly search and see more information in one view, without making screen transitions.
Samsung has stated that it has redesigned the S Pen:
- It is now longer, thicker and ergonomically designed for good grip. Therefore, it provides a more precise, comfortable and natural writing and drawing experience.
- Interestingly, as soon as you pull out the S Pen, there's a Popup Note that opens up. A feature, we're guessing would be especially precious when you're on a call and have to quickly note down numbers.
Another expression feature called Idea Visualizer provides illustration images that match the handwritten keywords on the S Note. It’s an illustration match function that enables users to express, organise and visualise ideas. Users can even customise and add their own illustrations library.
Other highlighted features of the Note II include Pop-up Note, Quick Command, Screen Recorder, and a host of other features that raise the bar over the Galaxy Note. For those concerned about major battery drain, Samsung has added a 3,100mAh battery.
Announcing the launch of the Galaxy Note II in India, stated Mr B D Park, President & CEO, South West Asia, Samsung Electronics, “The Galaxy Note II offers creative possibilities and opens up productivity to everybody. It’s easy and fun to use and allows users to express themselves with almost no boundaries... users can discover information faster than others , capture their ideas anytime, anywhere , express their thoughts better and efficiently manage tasks. By delivering a complete mobile experience for creating content and by introducing new products and continuous enhancements to the Note category of devices, Samsung provides a unique user experience that goes beyond passive content consumption to a new world of productivity, active creation and personalized communications.”
The Note II was recently made available for pre-booking from the Samsung eStore with an advance payment of Rs 5,000. Customers who pre-booked were eligible to receive a free Desktop Dock worth Rs. 2,399 along with the Galaxy Note II.
Published Date: Sep 27, 2012 03:07 pm | Updated Date: Sep 27, 2012 03:07 pm