BGR has confirmation that Samsung will indeed unveil the Galaxy Tab 10.1 on August 10. The new 10.1-inch tablet will most likely run Honeycomb 3.1 when it lands in India (at least we hope it does). There’s still no word on the pricing, but if we were to speculate, you could expect the Wi-Fi only version to hover around 30K. We should also see the new TouchWiz UI running over Honeycomb, which is really exciting since if it’s anything like the mobile counterpart, then expect MKV and FLAC support out of the box.
Just to refresh your memory, here are some of the highlights of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- 1GHz dual core processors,
- 3G compatibility (HSPA+, 21Mbps support) and Wi-Fi Samsung’s updated Touchwiz UX
- A mini apps tray to speed up multitasking
- Readers Hub, Music Hub for eBooks and music on the go
- 3MP rear AF camera with LED flash and 720p video recording capability, 2MP front camera
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR for the Tab 10.1 and v3.0 for the 8.Tab 9
- GPS with A-GPS
- Adobe Flash support
- 1080p HD@30fps video playback, DivX and Xvid support
- Dual surround-sound speakers
- QuickOffice HD Editor
- MicroSD card support
Published Date: Jul 29, 2011 07:35 pm | Updated Date: Jul 29, 2011 07:35 pm