Video magazines exclusive scoops are all the rage today since most reveals in the recent past have occurred through popular ones like Game Informer, Edge, OXM, PSN and so on. Today, EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) brings with it a torrent of new Prototype 2 information that’s been neatly summarized courtesy of NeoGaf forums.
Massive destruction FTW!
- The game will be significantly more structured (likely meaning linear), according to Radical.
- New York is divided into 3 zones (green, yellow, and red) based on level of infection.
- The muscle mass power is gone. It’s replaced by tendril powers, one of which was on display in the latest trailer.
- Sidequests now tie into the main storyline, instead of them being a ton of unrelated events.
- The power store is gone. Now there’ll be underground lairs where you can absorb powers and upgrades from enemies.
- There’ll be a limited number of slots to use all of the upgrades acquired, like perks in COD.
- Enemies and vehicles can be dismembered, a la Dead Space.
- Heller has a sonar-like power to find people or objects.
Prototype 2 releases for the Xbox360, PS3 and PC sometime in 2012.
Published Date: Mar 23, 2011 09:51 am | Updated Date: Mar 23, 2011 09:51 am