Nokia fans out there can finally rejoice. This is Nokia’s big return to the smartphone game and sure enough there is every reason to be excited. Nokia, through their Facebook page had only pointed out to a tentative release date for their upcoming Lumia 710, and their upcoming flagship handset, the Lumia 800. But there was nothing definitive about it. Well, until now. According to a post by Windows 8 beta, preorders for the upcoming smartphone have begun officially in India through Nokia Priority retailers.
The Nokia Lumia 800 will run on Windows Phone Mango and it will feature a 1.4GHz processor. Here is glace at the highlighted specification of the upcoming smartphone:
- 3.7-inch Clear Black display with a capacitive touchscreen featuring a 480 x 800 pixel resolution under Gorilla Glass
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi,
- GPS with A-GPS support for Bing Maps and hopefully Nokia Maps, as well
- Bluetooth with A2DP + EDR and USB 2.0
- 8MP AF camera with Carl Zeiss optics and a Dual LED flash, 720p HD recording (pity there's no full HD support)
- FM radio
- 16GB of internal storage
- Active noise cancellation
As for the Nokia Lumia 710, this handset too features a 1.4GHz processor with 3D graphics. Like the Lumia 800, the 710 will run on Windows Phone Mango as well. Here is a quick look at the notable specification of this handset:
- 3.7-inch capacitive touchscreen with a 480 x 800 pixel resolution under Gorilla glass
- Nokia’s Clear Black Display technology
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- GPS with A-GPS support for Bing Maps
- Bluetooth with A2DP + EDR, USB 2.0
- 5MP AF camera with LED flash and 720p video recording
- FM radio
- 8GB internal storage
- Active Noise Cancellation
The report states that to pre-order either of the handsets, one can pay a deposit of Rs.1,000 at the Nokia Priority dealers as a registration amount. There is no official pricing as yet, but the expected price of the Lumia 800 is around the Rs.28,000 mark, while the Lumia 710 is expected to be priced at Rs.22,000. For those who cannot wait, here is our hands on with the Lumia 800.
Unboxing the Nokia Lumia 800
Do let us know your reactions about the upcoming handsets in the comments below. If any of you have preordered it, let us know your reactions regarding the same.
Published Date: Dec 05, 2011 10:09 am | Updated Date: Dec 05, 2011 10:09 am