Pentax has announced its eleventh generation Optio waterproof digital camera built for rugged adventures.
The Pentax Optio W90 offers waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, and coldproof performance and features a Digital Microscope mode with LED lighting to capture small subjects. Designed with the look of mountaineering equipment, the Optio W90 kit includes a woven web fabric strap complete with a carabiner to attach the camera to a backpack and other outdoor gear. The rugged 12.1 megapixel Optio W90 with a 5X optical zoom (28-140mm equivalent) offers photographic performance, innovative features and style that surpass other outdoor compact digital cameras now available on the market.
Other features include:
- Waterproof to 20 feet for reliable underwater photography
- Shockproof to 4 feet withstanding the rigors of extreme use
- Coldproof to sub-freezing temperatures for use in wintery, snowy activities
- Digital Microscope mode with LED lens lighting perfectly captures the smallest and closest macro subjects as near as 1cm from the camera
- Eye-Fi wireless SD memory card connectivity
- Large 2.7 inch LCD with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio that is easy to view in strong light or underwater
- Movie capture in widescreen 720p HD video at 30 frames per second
- An HDMI port plays back beautiful high resolution imges and video on HDTVs
Priced at $329.95, the Pentax Optio W90 will ship in April 2010. A waterproof infared remote control (sold separately) for use with the Pentax Optio W90 and other infrared compatible Optio models will be available at the same time for $29.95.
Pentax also announced the latest model in its megazoom digital camera line - the Pentax X90. With an extra-wide zoom, longer battery life than its predecessor and an electronic viewfinder, the X90 delivers picture-taking in a wide variety of situations to photographers of all levels. The key feature of the Pentax X90 is the 26X megazoom, super-telephoto lens (26-676mm equivalent) also designed with a Macro mode that focuses to less than one inch away to capture images of subjects that are near or far.
Other important features of the Pentax X90 include:
- 12.1 megapixel sensor, ideal for large prints or cropping flexibility
- 2.7 inch LCD with anti-reflection coating or electronic viewfinder with new diopter adjustment for composing and playback of images and video
- Triple Shake Reduction technology includes a high quality mechanical sensor-shift SR mechanism, Digital Pixel Track and high ISO SR, and Movie SR
- High speed continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second
- Powerful, lightweight Lithium Ion battery and improved power efficiency
Like the Optio W90, the Pentax X90 features Eye-Fi connectivity and an HDMI port.
Priced at $399.95, the Pentax X90 will ship in April 2010.
Published Date: Feb 25, 2010 01:49 pm | Updated Date: Feb 25, 2010 01:49 pm