OnePlus has announced the roll out of OxygenOS 4.5.8 update for its latest release, the OnePlus 5. This update comes immediately after the launch of OxygenOS 4.5.7.
OnePlus mentioned that it is withdrawing the 4.5.7 update because users complained of stuttering while playing games which is fixed in the latest update. The company announced that the update will be rolled out in an incremental manner in a blog post on OnePlus forums.
This means that the update will reach users in batches to ensure that there are no hidden bugs plaguing a large number of users at once. The company has made a number of bugfixes, optimizations, updates and two new features as rest of the features are same as the 4.5.7 update. We have added a detailed changelog below for you to check out all the changes.
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4k video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
- Fixed battery drain for Jio users
The company has released about eight software updates after the launch of the smartphone to ensure that the bugs reported by users are fixed. This is not the only device that the company is issuing active updates to. It is also managing the Open Beta channel for both the OnePlus 3 and 3T. OnePlus is one of the few companies that upgraded its flagship smartphones to Android Nougat 7.1.1. The company has not released any detailed about the jelly effect ‘bug’ that the users are complaining about.
Published Date: Aug 05, 2017 11:42 am | Updated Date: Aug 05, 2017 11:42 am