Norton by Symantec today released the latest version of its flagship mobile offering, Norton Mobile Security. As per an official statement, the new Norton Mobile Security delivers powerful protection for iOS devices along with features such as contacts backup and an improved user experience.
The company notes that while mobile phones are an integral part of consumers’ lives, one in two mobile device users have had a device lost or stolen, putting their sensitive information at risk. Interestingly, the company statement adds that two-thirds of adults in India use a mobile device to access the Internet Norton Mobile Security claims to help consumers keep their device secure, recover a lost or stolen device and prevent strangers from accessing their information.
Norton Mobile Security comes with improved user experience
“It’s no secret that people are using mobile devices more than ever in their daily lives, for everything from connecting with friends to paying for a cup of coffee,” said Ritesh Chopra, Country Sales Manager, India & SAARC, Norton by Symantec. "With the latest version of Norton Mobile Security, we are making,Your phone may not just be your phone – it may be your wallet, identity card, address book and family photo album. As we use our phones in new ways, we’re also putting sensitive information at risk if the device gets lost or stolen. With the latest version of Norton Mobile Security, we are making it simple for people to stay protected on whichever device they choose.”
Here’s a quick look at the new features that Norton Mobile Security has to offer:
- Multi-Device, Multi-Platform Support – The company statement adds that it now protects a consumer’s multiple devices, including Android smartphones and tablets, as well as iPhones and iPads
- Contacts Backup & Restore – It saves contacts from a user’s Android or iOS device so that they can be easily restored if lost or deleted. Contacts can also be restored across devices
- Web-Based Management – It lets consumers control the security of their devices with simplicity and ease, from one convenient place on the Web
- “Scream” Alarm – It sets off an audible alarm so consumers can quickly find their missing Android mobile device
- Remote Locate – It also pinpoints a lost or stolen device on a map so users can find it fast
Further, the official statement confirms that the Norton Mobile Security has an MSRP of Rs 599 and is available on the Norton online store. In addition, Norton 360 Multi-Device will be updated with the features in the latest release of Norton Mobile Security. Norton customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model.
More than 42 million Indians were hit by cyber crime in the last 12 months, with a total of $8 billion recorded in direct financial losses, according to the findings of the latest edition of the annual Norton Cybercrime Report. The study, which is aimed at understanding how cyber crime affects consumers and how the adoption and evolution of new technologies impacts people’s security, has found that the direct costs associated with global consumer cyber crime over the past twelve months stands at an astounding $110 billion.
Published Date: Nov 30, 2012 04:42 pm | Updated Date: Nov 30, 2012 04:42 pm