Nokia has released its N9 PR 1.2 Beta version for its N950 developer devices. A complete changelog has been provided as well for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan 1.2 number 3.2012.02-6_PR_RM680. As part of the changelog, new languages have been included, folders are now supported in application viewing, there is support for front camera video calling and a lot more. Also, approximately 122 public bugs have been fixed in this release.
From the list of improvements, the more noteworthy ones include, adding music controls in the lock screen, advanced copy paste functions and software update for apps and games in the store. Besides that, the alarm becomes silent when the device is flipped face down, media sharing is now possible and the browser has got some improvements as well. The music player has also undergone a couple of improvements.
As reported by Nokiapoweruser, here is the detailed list of the changelog:
- Notifications for software updates for content in the Nokia Store
- Gallery and face tags get face recognition for Facebook
- Folder support in the application view
- Mail for Exchange global address book lookup
- Mail threading support in the Email client
- Extended copy and paste support
- Media sharing with DLNA compatible devices
- Improved browser history view
- Compass support in Maps
- QtWebKit update to version 2.2
- New font taken into use
- Front camera support
- Video editing support in the Gallery application
- The music player will have podcast support and the ability to create playlists
This is just a fragment of the massive number of improvements that are coming to Nokia’s MeeGo operating system. It is good to see Nokia still going ahead in full force and giving a good amount of support to their other operating system, and there seems to be a lot of goodies in store for current users of the MeeGo operating system. The only thing that greatly diminishes the chances of this operating system against its competitors is relatively less third party app support.
As far as this update is concerned, this release also means that the update will soon be available to users, so stay tuned for more details.
Published Date: Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am | Updated Date: Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am