We guess all the promotions, lightshows and airplane rides haven’t really done wonders for the Lumia 800 sales and now Nokia have resorted to Plan B - slash the price and hope for the best - and we have a feeling this will work a lot better. The Lumia 800 now retails for just Rs. 23,500 on online stores like Flipkart and you may be able to find it for a lot cheaper, if you dig around a bit. This price is more like it and we can finally give a nod in its favor. At this price, the Lumia 800 now competes with the Incredible S and the Rhyme and between these phones; it’s a very attractive buy. If you were holding out for the Lumia 800, then now would be the time to grab it. For those who’ve bought it for the old price, what can we say, but tough luck.
Now, more affordable!
For all those who’ve just woken up from a coma, the Lumia 800 is Nokia’s flagship Windows Phone 7 device and sports a 3.7-inch ClearBlack display from Nokia, themselves. The main attractions towards this handset, lies in the feel and build quality of the phone. The entire chassis is built using a polycarbonate shell which, besides being strong and durable feels unique and different from any other plastic chassis handsets. This also makes it very lightweight and easy to carry around. Here are some of the main specifications of the phone.
- 3.7-inch Clear Black display with a capacitive touchscreen featuring a 480 x 800 pixel resolution under Gorilla Glass
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi,
- GPS with A-GPS support for Bing Maps and hopefully Nokia Maps, as well
- Bluetooth with A2DP + EDR and USB 2.0
- 8MP AF camera with Carl Zeiss optics and a Dual LED flash, 720p HD recording (pity there's no full HD support)
- FM radio
- 16GB of internal storage
- Active noise cancellation
Published Date: Mar 03, 2012 12:24 pm | Updated Date: Mar 03, 2012 12:24 pm