EA may be riding high on the success of Hot Pursuit but that hasn’t stopped them from cracking the whip on developer Slightly Mad studios who’re busy working on Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed.
Spanish site Nicagamerz got a chance to sit down and talk to DICE's Marcus Nilsson, producer of Shift 2 who shared some info about the game:
- The game will feature night races
- It will ship with Autolog
- The game’s trying to rival Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 in terms of visuals and in-game physics
- The game will introduce something called a "Helmet Cam" that’ll allow players to experience the thrill and horror of crashing their rides in a very up, close and personal sort of way
- The game will stay locked at 30 FPS
I don’t know if the last part’s true or if that’s an error with Google translator but 30 FPS isn’t a very impressive feat to be boasting about nowadays. Either way, Shift 2 Unleashed is expected to release sometime in Spring 2011 for the Xbox360, PS3 and PC.
Published Date: Nov 30, 2010 09:06 pm | Updated Date: Nov 30, 2010 09:06 pm