Gameloft India has officially announced the availability of N.O.V.A 3 for the iOS App Store. N.O.V.A. 3 is part of the company’s successful Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (N.O.V.A.) game franchise, which has had 2 previous versions released for both iOS and Android platform.
N.O.V.A 3 is a sci-fi first person shooter with a similar feeling to the Halo series. In this new installment, the graphics have been improved and a couple of interesting upgrades have been added to the playability factor as well. Besides the solo first player mode, there are multiplayer and solo deathmatch modes as well. N.O.V.A. 3 stands for Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance and it is a quick action packed game and with this latest edition, the storyline has Kal Wardin coming back to save the Earth. No matter how cliché that might sound, it’s been evident that fun is in the playability as well, and not just the storyline. Kal Wardin has been laying low, since Folsom’s death, but now he has received a desperate plea from Yelena to come to Earth. Once again, the hero must rise to save mankind.
Kill 'em all!!
Here’s what the game offers you:
- An epic storyline: Humanity finally returns to Earth after years of exile! Fight in 10 immersive levels across the galaxy, from a war-torn Earth to a frozen Volterite city.
- Multiple weapons and powers: Run, shoot, drive vehicles, and pilot a mech to defeat hordes of enemies.
- Join 12-player battles in 6 multiplayer modes (Capture the Point, Free-for-All, Capture the Flag, etc.) on 6 different maps.
- For the first time, multiple allies can jump inside the same vehicle and spread destruction on the battlefield.
- Discover the new FPS benchmark for graphics and gameplay on iOS (real-time shadow & lights, particle system, ragdoll physics, etc.)
The app is priced at a cool $6.99 (approx. Rs. 375) and can be download via the App Store or by clicking this link. Gaming on smartphones and tablets is on the rise and is becoming a huge business now for mobile gaming companies as well as smartphone gaming companies. Gameloft has been one of the popular companies who have been consistently dishing out games for Android and iOS devices and the third edition of Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance is definitely going to rake in the downloads. The trailer for N.O.V.A 3 can be viewed below.
Have you already tried N.O.V.A 3 on your iPhone or iPad? If yes, do let us know your thoughts about the game in the comments section below.
Published Date: May 12, 2012 11:37 am | Updated Date: May 12, 2012 11:37 am