Back in January, Vimeo hopped on to the Android platform and earlier this month, they announced a Windows Phone application. With an iOS app already, you would expect the service to put its feet up for a bit, but that's not to be. At Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Vimeo announced a new iOS application with support for the iPad and the iPhone. Rising traffic from their iPhone app has prompted the video streaming service to improve upon their mobile counterparts. Joseph Schmitt, lead mobile developer at Vimeo said, "Now, we've taken what we learned while creating our previous apps and applied it to the updated iOS to improve overall design and usability. We're especially pleased with the awesome iPad user interface, which the Vimeo community has eagerly awaited."
Vimeo updates iOS app to support ipad
The new Vimeo for iOS application is available today and delivers a discovery focused interface. Users can browse while playing videos, just like on the Vimeo site. Vimeo members can "like" videos, access their Feed, Watch Later queue, and previously liked videos, comment on videos, add videos to their Watch Later queue and browse and watch all the videos on Vimeo. In addition to this, the app features a built-in video editor that enables users to create and upload videos on the go. The editor also integrates the Vimeo Music Store, allowing users to add a soundtrack to a video.
Features of Vimeo's iOS app include:
- Free to download from the iTunes App Store
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, iPad, iPod Touch, and iOS4.3 and above
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Watch videos from your Feed, Watch Later queue, or previously liked videos
- Easily "like" videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
- Easily upload your raw footage or edited videos in HD or SD
- Use the built-in editor to edit your footage on the go and add music from the Vimeo Music Store
- Pause/resume uploads and receive reminders when an upload is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, email, and/or SMS
- Add videos to Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Access stats on plays, likes, and comments
The Vimeo iOS app is available for download free from the iTunes App Store and is compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, iPad, iPod Touch, and iOS4.3 and above.
Published Date: Feb 28, 2012 04:11 pm | Updated Date: Feb 28, 2012 04:11 pm