With the recent success of Joss Whedon’s Avengers movie, Marvel Studios is aiming to broaden its horizons with the franchise. The company has recently released a game, titled Avengers Initiative, for iPhones, iPads and Android devices. The game puts players in control of the Hulk.
The game has you track down and defeat some of the world’s most notorious villains such as Wendigo, Abomination, The Kronan, and The Skrulls, and help the Avengers pull the world back from the brink of catastrophe.
Play as the Hulk in the Avengers Initiative smartphone game
Here is the story of the game according to its official website: “In the wake of The Pulse, The Vault, a top secret S.H.I.E.L.D. facility in the Rocky Mountains, has busted open, releasing all of the super powered criminals and monsters imprisoned there. Aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Nick Fury recruits a reluctant Hulk to round up all the monsters he can while S.H.I.E.L.D. can assemble the rest of the Avengers to figure out who opened the doors to The Vault, and why.”
Here are some of the features of the game as put forth by Marvel:
- Visceral Combat: Experience raw, super powered combat with blazingly responsive swipe, attack, and combo controls in a complete gesture based action game.
- Stunning HD Visuals: Battle huge enemies with amazing special effects, and incredible set pieces.
- Unique customisation: Fully customise the Hulk to play the way you want to play. Acquire exclusive costumes, unlock incredible super powered abilities, discover explosive augmentations, and upgrade all of the Hulk's combat stats.
- Episodic content: Marvel's cross over mobile gaming event continues with updates, scheduled events, and anticipated character reveals.
- Marvel XP: Now featured in Avengers Initiative and newly optimised for touch screen devices, Marvel XP is a free live service that tracks your progress, rewards your achievements and helps you experience Marvel on a whole new level across multiple games, including Avengers Alliance on Facebook. Registering for the service will let you unlock achievement badges, character dossiers, and other bonus content exclusive to the Marvel XP community.
The game also boasts of enhancement for devices that run on Nvidia’s Tegra chips. If you’re the owner of an Nvidia Tegra Super Phone or Tablet, you can experience added TegraZone game enhancements including improved character textures, realistic clothing, life-like environments, and Iso-8 effects.
While the game has been released on the iOS and the Android stores, it isn’t available for all Android devices just yet. Here is a list of devices that the developers are working on to get the game running:
- HTC One X
- HTC Evo 4G
- HTC Incredible 4G
- LG G2x
- LG Nitro HD
- Motorola Droid 3
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Motorola Droid Charge
- Motorola Atrix 4G
- Motorola Photon Q 4G
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Google Nexus 7
- Asus Transformer Prime
- Asus Transformer
Published Date: Sep 10, 2012 06:18 pm | Updated Date: Sep 10, 2012 06:18 pm