This incident will certainly ring loud in the minds of those who forgo a device's quality, for a cheap price. 25-year old Dhanji Damor, a resident of Panchmahal district, Gujarat, India was among those many people who weighed the quality and the price of a mobile phone on uneven scales. His example, will now hopefully encourage many to do otherwise.
Cheap, but proved expensive!
Dhanji got hit with a nasty bout of electric shock when he attempted to make a phone call with his phone plugged into its charger. The impact of the electrocution was so intense that he was pronounced dead on arrival to the hospital. The incident has brought to light once again the brimming business of cheap, look-alike phones from China that are circulating the Indian market. Shanzai phones, because of their cheap price tags have many takers.
Incidents like that of Damor aren’t uncommon, and worryingly there isn’t much that can be done to stop it.
Published Date: Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am | Updated Date: Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am