LG’s latest foray into the Indian smartphone market is the LG Optimus 4X HD, the answer to the HTC One X and Samsung’s Galaxy S III devices. In addition to the HD, LG has also announced the arrival of the lower budgeted LG Optimus L5 smartphone.
LG's Optimus 4X HD is the company's first quad-core offering and is equipped with a quad-core NVIDIA 1.5GHz Tegra 3 processor. The handset will be available with Android 4.0 OS aka Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. LG might have been one of the pioneers in launching dual core smartphones, but they seem to have taken a little longer upping the ante in this case. Sporting a large 4.7-inch touchscreen display of the HD-IPS variety, the 4X is all set to take on the One X and the S III. The handset is pretty slim as well, measuring 8.9 mm at its thinnest point, which puts it in the same league as the One X. The Samsung Galaxy S III is slightly thinner though, measuring 8.6 mm.
Looking good...the phone!
The 8MP (with LED flash) autofocus camera’s capabilities include its ability to record videos in Full HD (1080p @30 frames per second). Face and Smile Detection, image stabilization, Panorama and touch focus. The handset also has a dedicated microphone for noise cancellation.
Here is a quick look at some of the highlighted features of the LG Optimus 4X HD:
- 4.7 inch True HD IPS display with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi (Hot spot), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- NFC, Bluetooth with A2DP, USB 2.0
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 8 megapixel BSI Sensor (Rear) with LED flash, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Stereo FM Radio
- 16 GB memory expandable via microSD, 1GB LP DDR2 RAM
- MHL for AV out
The Optimus L5 has been slotted as a mid-range handset and also runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box. Unlike some of the competition in the same price bracket, the L5 does not feature a 1GHz processor. LG has instead decided to go with an 800MHz Qualcomm processor. The handset also comes equipped with an NFC chip, which makes it one of the cheapest devices featuring this technology.
The Optimus L5 launches in India
Here's a detailed look at the specifications of the Optimus L5:
- 4.0-inch TFT LCD, capacitive Touch HVGA display with a 320 x 480 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi (Hot spot)
- NFC, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0
- GPS with A-GPS Navigation,
- 5MP camera with LED flash
- FM radio
- 4GB internal + microSD card support for up to 32GB
The Optimus 4X HD is priced at Rs. 34,990 and the Optimus L5 is priced at Rs. 13,199.
Published Date: Jul 19, 2012 07:56 pm | Updated Date: Jul 19, 2012 07:56 pm