Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the third generation of its popular MobileLite portable card reader. Ideal for personal or professional use, MobileLite G3 is an essential part of one’s mobile gear as it is ultra-portable, simple plug and play, and requires no external power source. MobileLite G3 is a compact, multi-functional USB 3.0 card reader that lets users easily transfer digital data, photos, games, music and more stored on memory expansion cards between all kinds of digital devices.
The Kingston G3
MobileLite G3 supports SD/SDHC/SDXC, microSD/SDHC/SDXC and MSPD. It allows users to carry a single device to store, transfer or read data on any USB 3.0 or 2.0 host device, while using a variety of Flash cards for mobile phones, digital cameras, tablets, netbooks, computers, MP3 players and more. MobileLite G3 meets the USB 3.0 specifications and SDA 3.01 standard, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. With full USB 3.0 support, the card reader can take advantage of the high speed interconnect, especially if one uses high capacity memory cards. With Samsung having already started with the mass production of their new UHS-1 memory cards, which are capable of speeds of up to 80 MB/s, it’s high time we had a faster interface for our memory card readers. The new card reader will be available across the country in all major electronics outlet stores.
MobileLite G3 Features and Specifications:
- Compliant: with the USB 3.0 specification, SDA 3.01 standard
- Versatile: multi-functional USB card reader
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC, microSD/SDHC/SDXC and MSPD*
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Portable: easily fits in your pocket
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty
- Dimensions: 2.45-inch x 1.16-inch x 0.646-inch (62.15mm x 29.40mm x 16.40mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
Published Date: Apr 05, 2012 04:58 pm | Updated Date: Apr 05, 2012 04:58 pm