Amazon's headturning attempt at tablets, i.e. the Kindle Fire, which in our previous reports earned itself a lot of promise finally, makes an appearance. The Kindle Fire goes up for pre-order in India at Indiaplaza for Rs. 14,999. Further, a report on pluggd.in confirmed that the tablet will go up for sale beginning from the 15th of Novemeber, this year.
The Kindle Fire up for pre-order, here.
Here's what Amazon promises to offer on its Kindle Fire:
- 7-inch, multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment,
- 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors
- Wi-Fi only
- Kindle supported content formats: (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.
- USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- 8GB internal (approximately 6GB available for user content)
- Upto 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off.
The report further stated that the above mentioned official price of the Kindle Fire in India, which is approximately $300, is higher than that of it in the U.S., wherein it is $199.
What is your take on this one?
Published Date: Oct 15, 2011 04:04 pm | Updated Date: Oct 15, 2011 04:04 pm