Iomega has been manufacturing storage devices for a while now. Now they look all set to expand their media players segment with the ScreenPlay TV Link MX HD Media Player.
The media player has a user interface for browsing through your list of music, movies and images. Speaking of which, the MX HD media player also supports a big range of media file formats. Here’s a complete list of what all the MX HD can play:
- Video: H.264, WMV, RMVB, MPEG-1/2/4(part 2, ASP), DivX, DivX Plus HD (MKV), XviD
- File types: .avi, .asf, .iso, .vob, .ifo, .mp4, .mov, WMV, FLV, .mkv, AVCHD, M2TS
- Subtitle: SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI, MKS, TXT
- Photo: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
- Audio formats: MP3, AC3, WAV, WMA, OGG, AAC, PCM, M4A
- Playlist: PLS, M3U, WPL
The media player only has one USB 2.0 port for interfacing with storage devices which can be cumbersome, given that some external drives need two USB ports to charge the device. It has an HDMI-out port, a composite audio/video port and a Coaxial S/PDIF output.
Published Date: Jan 10, 2011 03:16 pm | Updated Date: Jan 10, 2011 03:16 pm