Instagram has come a long way since its launch as an iOS-only, photo sharing and editing app. While for many users, Instagram is about sharing their experiences through photos, for others, it's about making art through their iPhone (and now of course, Android). It’s become so popular that a London art gallery had an exhibit called "My World Shared", which featured the work of 30 photographers who belonged to a London group of Instagrammers. That theme meant to cover both facets of Instagram's services - sharing experiences through photos as well as making photos pretty. Now, this pretty app for the iPhone has got even prettier with the launch of a new update that is designed to bring about a renewed profile tabs, visual improvements and tweaks to improve optimization. Some more customization has been brought to Facebook as well.
Here’s the entire list of changes this update brings to the table:
- Revamped profile tab
- Search for users and tags in the Explore tab
- Improvements to commenting
- User search autocompletes based on people you follow
- Visual improvements
- Speed optimizations
- Optionally share likes to Facebook (enable in your Profile > Sharing Settings > Facebook)
The number of users for Instagram has already reached 50 million users, which is a pretty impressive feat! For those not in the know, Instagram is a free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone and Android devices. Pick from one of the several filtered effects or tilt-shift blur to breathe in a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art that you'll want to share with friends and family. Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
Here are a few of the features of the app:
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders such as XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others.
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Posterous
- Unlimited uploads
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with first generation, 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4
- Full iPhone 4 front & back camera support
Social networking has taken a major turn moving from the PC to the palm of one’s hands. Over the last couple of years and more so over the last couple of weeks, Instagram has gained worldwide popularity at a break neck pace. From an app that was once limited to only iOS devices, Instagram has now become available on Android as well, thus opening up the opportunity for casual as well as professional photographers to share their sights, thoughts and visions with the photography community.
Published Date: Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am | Updated Date: Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am