Earlier on this week, we spoke about how Samsung will be shipping all new Galaxy S II phones with ICS but what if you already own one? Well, there’s good news for Galaxy S II owners in India as it turns out that Samsung has just begun rolling out the Ice Cream Sandwich updates for the Galaxy S II in India. If you own an S II, be sure to check for any updates through the setting menus as some users seem to receiving the update OTA. In case you don’t receive it OTA, then try connecting it to your PC and updating via Samsung Kies, it should work. This update brings all the features of Android 4.0 along with Samsung’s custom skin, TouchWiz 4.0.
Since the launch of the handset, Samsung Electronics has reported sales of the Galaxy S II topping the 20 million mark. Featuring, at the time, the world’s thinnest mobile shell, the Galaxy S II still managed to cram a list of versatile and high-end features into its slim form. From an 8 megapixel camera to a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, Wi-Fi direct and much more, the S II was a very capable smartphone. The company itself has also come out on top, reporting phenomenal sales figures to take the crown of the world's top smartphone maker in 2011. Samsung’s previous Galaxy Model, the Galaxy S also exceeded the 22 million sales mark and is still in demand.
Here’s a quick look at the specs of the S II:
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus Gorilla Glass display sporting a 480 x 800 pixel resolution with 16 million colors
- Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with a MAli-400MP GPU
- 4G (HSPA+ 21MBPs), EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA compliance(AllShare), Wi-Fi hotspot support, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS with a-GPS
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS, USB 2.0 with MHL for media out and USB-on-the-go
- 8MP AF camera with LED flash supporting 1080p video capture @30fps
- 16GB and 32GB capacities with 32Gb microSD card support
- NFC support
- DivX, XviD video codec support with 1080p video playback support
Published Date: May 29, 2012 06:05 pm | Updated Date: May 29, 2012 06:05 pm