Huawei have announced their new Android smartphone, the Honor, via their official Facebook page. The Gingerbread 2.3.5 running smartphone hasn’t got an official launch date yet, but we’re wondering if the video below has leaked out some exclusive information. The phone runs on a 1.4GHz processor and has a 1900 mAh battery powering it. It’s 10.9 mm thin and weighs 140g. Also part of the features is a ‘Deal MIC’, which we are assuming are the dual microphones for noise cancellation, along with a compass and a gyroscope. There’s a G-sensor, proximity sensor and light sensor, as well.
Possible launch date?
Here are the specifications of the Huawei Honor:
- 4.0-inch FWVGA Capacitive Touchscreen with a 480 x 854 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS support and Google Maps
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, EDR, microUSB v2.0
- 8 megapixel camera with LED flash, 720p video recording
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Memory expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- 3.5 mm handsfree socket
Here's a video of the Honor:
Throughout the video the date that is set on the device shows 11/21/2011. That’s 21st November. Does that indicate a possible launch date for the Honor? For right now, it’s just speculation and we’ll have to wait and watch over the next week. Pricing and availability for India hasn't been disclosed yet, so stay tuned to this space for more information.
Published Date: Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm | Updated Date: Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm