Google has been on a makeover spree and yesterday it disclosed yet another redesign element. The navigation bar at the top of the page got a new design and is replaced a menu that has Google products appear in the drop box form. Mashable now points out a quick hack by Maximilian Majewski (who disclosed the process through Google+) to get the new looker faster. Although the new look has been rolled out to a few users, those who just can’t wait to get rid of the black bar can resort to this process.
Can't wait for the roll out?...get it now!
The step by step process by Maximilian Majewski is as follows:
- Download this extension http://goo.gl/CeKtT
- Load Google.com and edit cookies with a right click
- Change "PREF" to ID=03fd476a699d6487:U=88e8716486ff1e5d:FF=0:LD=en:CR=2:TM=1322688084:LM
- Save changes at the bottom
- Reload to access the new Google bar
Those who can’t wait can go ahead and follow this process. Do let us know what you think about this design change.
Published Date: Dec 01, 2011 03:45 pm | Updated Date: Dec 01, 2011 03:45 pm