Garmin Corporation, today announced their new GPS products at Auto Expo 2012; the nüvi 2565LM and nüvi 2465LM that will come with free lifetime map update, more intuitive user interface and enhanced features. Pricing details haven’t been revealed yet.
Never get lost
The new features in these products include:
- Junction View - Garmin junction view, which is supported by the NAVTEQ maps, guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It displays junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
- Bluetooth hands-free calling - Garmin nüvi series integrates Bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through nüvi, while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with its touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone. Enjoy convenient one-touch dialling for contacts and points of interest.
- Text-to-speech in Indian Accent - Garmin’s entire range features spoken street names for easy navigation. It packs in Garmin’s self-developed technology and is the very first to implement Indian accent into devices. Furthermore, Text-to-speech in Hindi is making its way to the market.
- Voice Guidance in Hindi & English - Garmin GPS navigators will broadcast for example, “Turn right in 500 ft.“ in Hindi or English on your own choice.
- House Search - Garmin provides house search, which enables users to locate and route to destinations with highest accuracy, improving destination arrival performance, and by incorporating NAVTEQ’s millions of Points of Interest (POI), drivers can quickly find what they need, be it an ATM, petrol station, place of worship, hotel or restaurant and numerous other landmarks.
- ecoRoute - Use ecoRoute with your nüvi and you’ll have details about your fuel consumption based on your driving habits right at your fingertips. From information of your impact on the environment to gas-saving tips, while you’re on the go, you’ll be able to focus on fuel and energy conservation when you’re behind the wheel or planning your next trip.
Published Date: Jan 13, 2012 06:42 pm | Updated Date: Jan 13, 2012 06:42 pm