This is some really interesting news for Android fans in India. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is listed as ‘Coming Soon’ on Google India’s official page for the handset. The website displays a registration page and lists the headlining features of the highly anticipated Googlephone. In all likelihood, India will feature amongst the 18 selected countries that will receive the handset in the first phase of its global rollout as only 17 other countries are in the list. This is the first time India will get the handset in the first batch as from past instances, the first Nexus smartphone was never officially available and the second, the Nexus S, came here months later.
Something BIG is unveiled!
Here is a quick look at the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.2GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- Dimensions are 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94mm
- Weighs 135g
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED display
- 5 Megapixel AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
- 1.3 Megapixel front facing camera for video calling
- 1080p Full HD video recording at 30fps
- 1080p video playback at 30fps
- Bluetooth 3.0,USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- HSPA 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- LTE version is region specific
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1,750mAh battery
The Galaxy Nexus boasts the feature of the first smartphone to have Google’s latest operating software, Android Ice Cream Sandwich. As of now there is no pricing or date of availability shown, but this handset is expected to launch later this month. To register for the Googlephone, click the link here, fill in your email address and while you’re there you can preview all the features that this smartphone has to offer.
Published Date: Nov 02, 2011 09:25 am | Updated Date: Nov 02, 2011 09:25 am