Foxconn, the world's leading manufacturer of computer components and systems, launched new models in their Nano-PC range - AT-5300 and AT-5600. These Nano-PCs are around forty times smaller than a typical Micro-ATX PC. These products are equipped with the latest features like USB 3.0, HDMI ports, n-series Wi-Fi, gigabit LAN, digital audio, powerful internal speaker and a card reader. AT-5300 is powered by Intel Dual Core Atom D2700 running at 2.13GHz processor and AT-5600 Nano-PC is powered by AMD Dual Core E450 1.65GHz APU processor. Both the models are fan-less and are ideal for home and business computers. They come in a very attractive piano finish body with different color options and weigh only 600g with a dimension of 19cm x 13.5cm x 3.8cm. Prices start at 14,999 and this is for the barebones model which doesn’t include the hard drive and memory.
Slim and light weight
Both PCs support one SATA II connector for 2.5-inch HDD or SSD, one card reader slot for multi-type storage card and one SO-DIMM socket to support DDR3 memory up to 4GB. They are compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems and can be customized according to a customer's requirement. Power consumption of these Nano-PC models while running an HD movie is less than 24W and in idle state it is less than 15W. The power supply is Energy Star compliant and has a conversion efficiency of over 87 per cent. Nano-PCs can be easily mounted on the back of a monitor or flat screen television by using the VESA mounting bracket. The Nano-PC can be placed on a desk vertically or horizontally using the feet and stand provided. These ultrathin compact IT solutions are thermally and acoustically well balanced which offers full connectivity, low power consumption and a practically noiseless solution. ZOTAC has been a leader when it comes to mini-ITX solutions and now it seems like Foxconn wants a share of that pie.
Good set of connectors
Some of the areas where the Nano-PC is best suited includes:
- Smart TV/ Media Center - Nano-PC can be mounted on the back of a TV for media streaming, internet and PC functionality in the living room, without having to look at a PC tower. Convert an existing TV into a Smart TV.
- Space Saving PC - Nano PC can be attached to the back of a monitor to create a flexible All-In-One style PC. Save desk space at home, office or classroom.
- Thin Client - With low power consumption and small size, the NT can be configured for use in a server based computing environment. You can even boot from SD if local storage and OS are not needed.
- Digital Signage - Small yet powerful, the Nano-PC is ideal for use as a media player for advertising and information screens in locations such as hotels, airports, retail stores and hospitals.
- Kiosk - The compact size and low power consumption are ideal for integration into a variety of kiosk applications.
Published Date: Apr 26, 2012 10:19 am | Updated Date: Apr 26, 2012 10:19 am