Here's the list of what has changed:
- There are now over 100 add-ons for Firefox for Mobile, and counting.
Performance and Memory Usage
- Startup speed has improved visibly. This was a top request from Beta 3 users.
- Memory and CPU usage is reduced, making the browser more responsive and stable.
- Fixed several keyboard issues (top feedback from Beta 3)
- Improved support for tablets (like the Samsung Galaxy Tab) and small-screen devices (like the Motorola Droid Pro)
- Improved user interface for easy connection with desktop Firefox
- Added an option to resize text to fit the screen when you double-tap to zoom in, to optimize the reading experience. This feature can be activated in the Firefox preferences. (This is also based on top feedback from Beta 3 users.)
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes, usability improvements, and optimizations for a better experience
- Support for restartless add-ons
- Support for HTML5 online/offline events
Flash is still not supported though, because Mozilla believes enabling the Flash plugin "results in a compromised user experience across Firefox for mobile." Anyway, head on over to Firefox.com/m on your Android Phone or Nokia N900 (yes, it's available for Maemo too) to download the beta.
Published Date: Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm | Updated Date: Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm