Like most PC games on the block, Fallout: New Vegas was pretty unplayable at launch. It was plagued by terrible visuals and shoddy frame rates, all of which were fixed by third party tweaks.
Anyway Obsidian and Bethesda have finally got around to releasing an "official" patch for the game and here’s what it brings to the table:
- Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
- Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
- Fix: DLC error/save corruption
- Fix: Stuttering with water effects
- Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
- Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
- Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
- Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
- Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
- Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
- Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
- Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
- Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
- Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
- Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
- Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
- Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND
The update will automatically be downloaded when you log onto Steam next.
Published Date: Nov 10, 2010 05:04 pm | Updated Date: Nov 10, 2010 05:04 pm