Facebook and Nokia have announced a partnership with the introduction of a built-in Facebook button available on the new Nokia Asha 205.
The Nokia Asha 205 is the first Nokia phone that includes a dedicated Facebook button, designed for people who want one-click access to popular features from the social networking website.
"People around the world use Facebook Mobile to connect and share with their friends," said Javier Olivan, head of growth, engagement and mobile for Facebook. "We are focused on delivering the best Facebook experience to as many people as possible and our partnership with Nokia perfectly complements our strategy of giving people around the world a rich Facebook experience for keeping in touch with their friends."
The Nokia Asha 205 features a Facebook button
"Globally, young consumers have increasingly started using Facebook for socializing, keeping in touch and striking new friendships. The launch of the Nokia Asha 205 responds to this growing demand and gives them a unique option for accessing Facebook while on-the-go," said Timo Toikkanen, executive vice president, Mobile Phones, Nokia. "We have seen that many people who use Nokia Asha devices are hyper-social and we are proud to partner with Facebook to improve the user experience of those consumers further with the introduction of the Facebook button."
The new Nokia Asha 205 enables people to easily access the Facebook for Every Phone app and use messaging, one of its most popular features. People using the messaging features in Facebook for Every Phone can now:
- See which of their friends are online to start chatting with them right away
- Start messages and group chats fast
- Reach more of the people they know, wherever they are, no matter what device they are using
People using the Nokia Asha 205 can also easily access other Facebook features, such as sharing photos and status updates with their friends, so they can stay close to the people around them with the touch of a button.
Nokia had launched the Nokia Asha 205 earlier today. The Asha 205 is available in cyan, magenta and orange.
Here are some of the key features of the Nokia Asha 205:
- eBuddy screen notifications
- The free Nokia Life+ web app, including the Life Skills and Live Healthy services
- Includes 40 free EA Games available for download, along with other apps available from the Nokia Store
- Available in single-SIM and dual-SIM models
- Dual-SIM model features Nokia's exclusive EasySwap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device
- Standby time is up to 37 days with single SIM and up to 25 days with dual-SIM
Published Date: Nov 26, 2012 05:51 pm | Updated Date: Nov 26, 2012 05:51 pm