Epson has announced the launch of its first series of portable stationery label printers under its own “Epson” brand. This is to form a comprehensive set of labeling solutions for its customers – ranging from large volume industrial labeling with the Epson SurePress L-4033 launched last year, to the stationery labeling market.
The new printers are classified into:
- Handheld stationery label printers:
1) Epson LabelWorks LW-300: prints labels from 6mm – 12mm
2) Epson LabelWorks LW-400: prints labels from 6mm – 18mm
- PC connected stationery label printer:
3) Epson LabelWorks LW-900P: prints labels from 6mm – 36mm; PC connectivity
The new Epson LabelWorks printers are ideal for office environments, including large corporates, small and medium businesses (SMB), small offices home offices (SOHO), or even homes for labeling anything from archival files and documents to household items, scrapbooks, school books and stationery items. They can also be used to print on cable wraps and iron-ons that are part of the large variety of media Epson offers for the Epson LabelWorks printers. Vertical industries, like logistics, manufacturing, building management will also benefit from the ability of the Epson LW-400 and LW-900P to print barcodes for tracking inventories.
“Epson has strong experience in this market as we have been an OEM maker for the top Japanese brand of stationery label makers for about 20 years” explains Mr. A K Harish, Senior Business Manager – Visual Instruments, Epson India. “Harnessing our experience, we are entering this market to offer our customers an additional choice of label printing options.”
Key features of the Epson LabelWorks LW-300/400/900P include:
- Reduced tape margins – The LabelWorks printers provide smaller lead margins for up to 60 percent less margin waste, giving users a perfectly sized label for any application.
- Wide variety of label media – The variety of supplies range from 6mm to 36mm, in different colours (standard, metallic and pastel), patterns (polka dotted pink / checkered blue) and varied applications, such as – iron on, glow-in-the-dark, cable wrap and index.
- Split-back / perforated-back – The cutter from the LabelWorks printers will automatically perforate the back for easy peeling of the labels. Alternatively, Epson offers a type of media with manufactured perforation that splits the back of the tape into two for easy peeling.
- Customizable designs – Equipped with up to 14 font types and 10 different styles (bold, shadow, outline, etc), 459 symbols and 89 frames, the Epson LabelWorks printers offer creative flexibility for users in creating unique labels.
- Template storage – The Epson LabelWorks LW-300 can store up to 30 custom designs, while the LW-400 can store up to 50 custom designs, so that users can reprint the label designs when necessary.
- Barcode printing – The Epson LabelWorks LW-400 / LW-900P can also print up to 13 different barcodes styles for labeling and inventory-ing of items.
Additional features of the Epson LabelWorks LW-900P include:
- PC / Mac Connectivity – The higher-end Epson LabelWorks LW- 900P can be connected to a PC or an Apple Mac OS computer to personalize and create larger labels (up to 36mm in width).
- In-built cutter for rounded edges – The in-built cutter not only cleanly trims the tape after printing, but also enables users to trim the sides for rounded edges to give a more elegant finish.
- Label editor software – With the label editor software of the Epson LabelWorks LW-900P, users can use fonts installed on the PC, as well as insert images and company logos for printing on their labels.
The Epson LabelWorks LW-300 is available for an MRP of Rs.3,524. The Epson LabelWorks LW-400 will be available from July for a price tag of Rs.4,333 (MRP). The Epson LabelWorks LW-900P is now available for a price tag of Rs.9,094.
Published Date: May 21, 2012 05:50 pm | Updated Date: May 21, 2012 05:50 pm