Edimax Technology has announced the launch of the 3G-6218n 150Mbps Wireless 3G Portable Router in India. One of the main features of this model is that users can create a Wi-Fi hotspot wherever a 3G connection is available.
The 3G-6218n has a built-in battery, 3G/3.5G support, as well as cable/xDSL Internet support. The 3G-6218n Wireless 3G Router allows converting an Internet connection from either a 3G/3.5G USB modem card or a cable/xDSL modem into a Wi-Fi network. When both these options are not available, users can share an Internet connection via a smartphone with Internet tethering capability.
Edimax Launches New Router
This enables users of major smartphone manufacturing companies like - iPhone, HTC, Blackberry, Nokia; and Sony Ericsson to create their instant Wi-Fi hotspots. The router also consists of an inbuilt rechargeable Li-ion battery, which allows up to 4 hours of wireless connectivity to multiple users in case an electrical outlet is unavailable.
- A few features of this router are:
- Smartphone Internet tethering capability
- 3G/3.5G and Cable/xDSL support
- 3G/3.5G and Cable/xDSL connection fail over
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Green Ethernet technology
- Hardware WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button
- 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet port for WAN or LAN
- 1 x USB port for 3G/3.5G USB modems
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards
Published Date: Jul 21, 2011 06:00 pm | Updated Date: Jul 21, 2011 06:00 pm