We caught a glimpse of Dead Trigger running on the Nexus 7 during Google’s I/O conference last week and the game is out right now for iOS devices including the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad for just $0.99. The size of the game is 116 MB, so you’ll want to download it over Wi-Fi. The zombie shoot-em up is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation and iPad; it requires iOS 4.2 or later. The Android version is said to launch today, but it’s still not showing in the Play Store so check back later on in the day and you should find it.
Get trigger happy!
Dead Trigger is a first person shooter that delivers ‘console-quality FPS action’ from the creators of Shadowgun - MADFINGER Games.
Here are some of the features as stated by the developers themselves:
- Stunning graphics with advanced lighting and post-process effects
- Full 3D characters and environments with an unprecedented level of detail
- High quality 3D audio and a lively music soundtrack
- Character animations recorded using high-end motion capture
- Intuitive controls
- Spectacular ragdoll effects
- More than 40 hours of gameplay
Enjoy the zombie slaughter in many different ways:
- Blast 'em out of existence with lethal weapons
- Blow them up with powerful explosives
- Chop off their limbs and let them die slowly
- Shoot away their heads
- Evolving zombie AI will keep you entertained
- Follow the story or enjoy unlimited random missions
Dead Trigger for Android will also have a special Tegra 3 optimized version that will harness the power of the 12 cores for special effects like refraction of light in water and blood droplets that hit the screen, particle effects, etc. These extra effects will be only visible on Tegra 3 devices since the SoC has the chops to handle the extra eye-candy. The iOS version will have some of the effects but not all of them. The game should also be available through the Tegra Zone app as well.
Published Date: Jul 02, 2012 12:01 pm | Updated Date: Jul 02, 2012 12:01 pm