Chassis, thermal solutions and mobile accessory provider Cooler Master today launched its new enthusiasts-grade chassis, the HAF XM. This new addition to the HAF (High Air Flow) series retains all the features of the bigger HAF cases and adds a few new ones that make it a strong contender in the enthusiast arena. You have support for multiple 200 mm fans, X-dock SATA connectors, three-way SLI/CF and plenty more. This mid-tower cabinet is priced at an MRP of Rs.12,299 and is available ex-stock. The actual street price should be a lot lower.
Cooler Master's newest cabinet
All chassis in the HAF series offer amazing amounts of airflow for class-leading thermal characteristics and the HAF XM is no exception. It takes four 200 mm fans (2 x top, one side and one front) and one 140 mm at the rear for moving a serious amount of air inside the case for extreme cooling performance. If liquid cooling is your game, the HAF XM delivers on this count by allowing 2 x 140 mm radiators up top and one 140 mm radiator towards the rear. Though shrunk in size, the HAF XM is big on features. With 8+1 expansion slots, there is enough room for a three-way SLI/CF configuration. There is space for accommodating eight hard drives and special space for attaching an SSD on the back of the motherboard tray. On request from enthusiasts, Cooler Master have retained the sliding PSU cable cover and have made provisions at the top for keeping your belongings.
The HAF XM is designed for quick system assembly and maintenance. This happens to be the first chassis from cooler master to get a latched side-panel for easy removal and quick access to components. There are two front loaded X-Dock connectors, so hard drives connect in a cinch. Dust-filters under the mesh ensure the insides remain clean over a longer period. There is more than enough space to cramp all the cables behind the side-panel thanks to the kickout design and tons of hooks for cable ties.
Here's a quick breakdown of the features:
- Enthusiast case with support for four 200 mm fans
- Latch on 90° rotated side panel for easy system access
- Side window panel offers the best inner view for system
- Rich I/O panel with two USB 3.0 super speed ports
- 8+1 expansion slots for NVIDIA 3-way SLI and AMD CrossFireX
- Supports up to 9 HDDs, including two X-Dock slots and one behind the motherboard tray
- Sliding PSU cable cover for improved cable management
- Top compartment with rubber pad for placing personal belongings
- Mesh on front panel, top cover, and bottom vents for excellent cooling
Published Date: Jul 12, 2012 04:24 pm | Updated Date: Jul 12, 2012 04:24 pm