Acer has announced the Iconia B1-A71 tablet targeted at young or new users or families looking for an additional tablet for their children. At 7-inches, the display is comfortable for e-reading, web browsing, playing games and watching videos. The Acer Iconia B1-A71 will be available with a starting price less than $150 (approx. Rs.8,250).There’s no proper time frame on when it will actually launch though, but we should get more details on that in the coming weeks.
Cheap and affordable
The Iconia B1 is easy to hold and use in one hand, a triangular corner grip on the lower left side improves single-hand usage even more. It's also easy to tote around in a bag or jacket at a feather-light 320 grams, making it one of the lightest 7-inch tablets in the market. The tablet combines a 1.2GHz dual-core processor for fast and smooth gaming, web browsing and video watching with Android's Jelly Bean operating system.
Available as 8GB version with the option to expand via microSD slot, the Iconia B1 is the ideal easy companion for tablet newbies or children while adults use their own. At this price point, the B1 will compete with many other budget tablets from the likes of Karbonn, Micromax , etc whenever it launches in India.
Main features and specs:
- Android Jelly Bean operating system
- Mediatek dual-core 1.2GHz processor (MTK 8317T)
- 7-inch diagonal WSVGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1,024 x 600 resolution display
- 8GB of internal storage and 512MB DDR3 memory
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n -Bluetooth 4.0 -GPS
- 3.5mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Internal speaker
- microSD expansion slot with up to 32GB support
- Front-facing 0.3-megapixel webcam
- Rechargeable 2,710 mAh battery
- micro-USB (charging and PC connect) with USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 197.4 mm x 128.5 mm x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 320 g
Published Date: Jan 09, 2013 12:34 am | Updated Date: Jan 09, 2013 12:34 am