We had mentioned earlier, that Toshiba was almost certain to launch the world’s thinnest tablet at the CES, and now it has finally arrived. At just 7.7 mm, the Toshiba Excite (yes, that’s what it’s called) is a full 0.9mm thinner than the previous thinnest tablet in the world – the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, according to TechnoBuffalo.
Does this Excite you?
Here are the specs of this insanely thin device:
- 10.1-inch Capacitive Touchscreen with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- 1.2 GHz dual core TI OMAP4 processor
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- 1GB of RAM
- Upto 64GB internal storage
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- microHDMI, microUSB
- 5 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera
- Memory expandable via microSD card
We’re not too sure about its 3G capabilities yet and there might be chances that two versions of the Excite could be launched, but we’ll keep you posted as and when more details become available. Currently, only launch dates for the
Published Date: Jan 09, 2012 10:41 am | Updated Date: Jan 09, 2012 10:41 am