The Xperia handsets have been officially rebranded and now go solely under the ‘Sony’ only moniker. The first handset from the Sony stable is the Xperia ion and it was officially introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This handset was released alongside the Xperia S and it will be the first handset from Sony with LTE capabilities. The Xperia ion boasts of some incredible features, which include a 4.6-inch display, the ability to access to Sony services like Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited as well as being a PlayStation certified handset.
First Sony branded handset announced
Here is a peek at the highlighted features of the Sony Xperia ion:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 with an Adreno 220 GPU
- 4.55-inch Sony's BRAVIA Engine Reality display with a resolution of 1280 x 720
- 16GB internal storage
- 1GB RAM
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, LTE
- Bluetooth v3.0, microUSB v2.0,
- 12 MP AF rear camera with 1080p video recording at 30fps
- VGA front facing camera
The Xperia ion is set to make its U.S debut in the second quarter of 2012. but as of now there is no information on when the smartphone will launch globally or at what price. For more information on this handset, click the link here.
Published Date: Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am | Updated Date: Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am