Buffalo Inc. provider of networking, storage and multi-media solutions for the home and small business environments as well as for system builders and integrators, has announced the launch of the AirStation wireless-N router, the WCR-G300 in India. This compact yet powerful AirStation wireless-N WCR-G300 router and bridge with double adjustable 5 dBi antennas is a great way to wirelessly connect networked devices, including smartphones, at home or office to the Internet.
The double 5dBi adjustable antennas and 802.11n standard on the router combine to simultaneously transmit dual data streams for improved performance and higher data transfer rates of up to 300 Mbps, providing faster, reliable delivery of streaming video and other digital content.
This improves range by allowing the signal to bypass obstacles, helping to reduce dead spots that block wireless transmission in your home. This also makes the router the optimal way to link smartphones into a home or office network for trouble-free streaming of video and music. The Wireless Distribution System (WDS) on the router further expands wireless coverage with other BUFFALO routers supporting WDS, reducing or even eliminating dead spots that hinder and may even prevent network functioning and Internet access. This helps in home and office environments where interior walls, corners, and other obstructions reduce or block signals from less powerful conventional routers.
Key features include:
- Improved, easier setup―simple and quick with the web-based setup wizard
- 802.11n standard for higher data transfer rates up to 300 Mbps
- Double 5 dBi adjustable antenna―fine-tune the antenna positioning to eliminate dead spots
- Backward compatible with 1 x 1, 802.11g/b devices
- High-spec Ralink 400MHz CPU
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) extend your wireless network across access points
- Easy setup with AirStation One-Touch Secure System(AOSSTM)
- Easy wireless network configuration with application for Android smartphones, AOSS for Android
- Multi-level Wireless Security Support: WPA2-PSK (TKIP,AES), WPA-PSK (TKIP, AES), and WEP (128/64-bit)
- Eco Minded - Energy saving feature reduces power consumption by 28% **
- Allows up to 4 simultaneous wired connections
- Compact chassis
Buffalo wireless solutions are all backed by a 3-year warranty. The AirStation N WCR-G300 Router and access point is available with Buffalo brand stores and authorized retailed outlets at an estimated MSRP of Rs. 2,000.