Buffalo Technology announced the launch of their high performance PCI-Express interface board with 4 USB 3.0 ports. This allows users to upgrade their PC, so as to connect to the next generation of external HDDs and flash drives that support USB 3.0 interface without having to change motherboards. Armed with a 3-year warranty, the new expansion card is priced at an MRP of Rs.5,250. This is really steep for an expansion card, but the street pricing should be a lot lower.
The 4-port USB 3.0 PCIE card
Each port enables a connection to one of USB 3.0 device, allowing up to a total of four devices such as external HDDs and SSDs, USB flash memory, and other USB devices to be connected, simultaneously. These 4 ports are also backward compatible, which allow connection with the legacy USB 2.0 devices also.
Some of the features and benefits of the expansion card include:
- USB 3.0 transfers data at up to 5 Gbps, 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- 4 ports allow simultaneous connection of more external HDDs, SSDs, flash memory and other devices.
- Fully Backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
- Driver supports Windows Server, Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- Internal power cable included.
- Hot Swappable support
Published Date: Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am | Updated Date: Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am